Attachments / Photos
Started by OceanGirl07

5 posts in this topic
OceanGirl07
Outspoken

146 posts 6 threads Joined: Sep Sat 2018
09-20-2018, 04:44 PM -
I have been happily adding photo attachments to a few threads until a few days ago.  I went to add another photo and got a notice saying my attachment quota had been met.  I went back and deleted some older attachments to create more room and that worked.  But I don't like the idea of having to delete things I share in order to share new stuff.  I also have seen some posts that clearly have more attachments/photos than mine do.

So my question is maybe twofold.  How do I increase attachment quota?  Or is there a way to make JPEGs I take from my computer, insertable into posts?  I know I can do that with pictures online because they have a url I can just paste right in...but is that possible with pictures from my desktop?

Or really any advice on where to go/do/consider would be really appreciated.
H: 5' 9"
HW:  310 lbs.  
Ugh.  I hate typing that out and hate remembering being that big.  But it reminds me 'Never Again' 
LW:  163 lbs
That I remember weighing.  I know I weighed less at one point about a decade ago.
CW: 172.8 lbs
(Lost 6 lbs in a week! Yay!)
GW 1: 165 lbs.
GW 2: 155 lbs.

I just want my BMI to be in the low 20's and to say 'Normal' for once in my life.
Kontra.
EDC Official Tech Support

2,783 posts 16 threads Joined: Jul Mon 2018
09-20-2018, 04:48 PM -
I can't help you with the issue other than telling you others have the same problem. Maybe the admins haven't seen it yet, so a friendly ping @Goddess Annea @Fluffypitspatrick.

It's not possible to directly insert photos from your desktop to posts. You would have to upload them (and then have the quota problem again).

Until this is fixed, you could use image hosters, like imgur, and upload your photos there.
OceanGirl07
Outspoken

146 posts 6 threads Joined: Sep Sat 2018
09-20-2018, 10:09 PM -
Thank you! I hadn't thought about image hosting sites, that is a great idea!
H: 5' 9"
HW:  310 lbs.  
Ugh.  I hate typing that out and hate remembering being that big.  But it reminds me 'Never Again' 
LW:  163 lbs
That I remember weighing.  I know I weighed less at one point about a decade ago.
CW: 172.8 lbs
(Lost 6 lbs in a week! Yay!)
GW 1: 165 lbs.
GW 2: 155 lbs.

I just want my BMI to be in the low 20's and to say 'Normal' for once in my life.
strugglingalong
Skilled

255 posts 16 threads Joined: Sep Wed 2018
09-22-2018, 07:18 PM -
if you dont mind me asking, how do i add photos to posts? all i know how to do right now is add hyperlinks or url's , but i want to post an actual visible photo. i have a macbook air that i'm new to, and im so lost.
Kontra.
EDC Official Tech Support

2,783 posts 16 threads Joined: Jul Mon 2018
09-23-2018, 01:32 AM -
@"strugglingalone" If the photo is already online/there's a link, type [ img ] link to your photo [ /img ] (without any spaces) or use the "Insert image" button in the full editor.
If you have the pic on your laptop, here's an instruction on how to upload it.
strugglingalong
Skilled

255 posts 16 threads Joined: Sep Wed 2018
09-23-2018, 10:38 PM -
(09-23-2018, 01:32 AM)Kontra. Wrote: @"strugglingalone" If the photo is already online/there's a link, type [ img ] link to your photo [ /img ] (without any spaces) or use the "Insert image" button in the full editor.
If you have the pic on your laptop, here's an instruction on how to upload it.

AHHHH thank you so much!