Why lock self-harm/mental health?
Started by iliaccrest

13 posts in this topic
iliaccrest
Rookie

112 posts 6 threads Joined: Dec Sun 2018
12-02-2018, 02:58 PM -
Hi! Just wondering what the reasoning is behind requiring a minimum number of posts to see the self-harm and mental health forums if the pro-ana and thinspo ones are immediately visible.
Thanks!
free-veggies
Brita Filter Bitch

1,998 posts 48 threads Joined: Jul Sun 2018
Nickname: Veggies
12-02-2018, 04:07 PM -
It's protection. Weeds out the people who are here maliciously.
Up your post count and you'll see it...
[[[[[ Thinspo ]]]]]
---26 Y/0 | 5'7"
---160 lb |  HW-
---117 lb |  LW-
-> 127 lb |  CW- :'(
-->114 lb |  GW-
iliaccrest
Rookie

12-02-2018, 04:39 PM -
No, I know it's protected. I was just wondering why they'd lock that one as opposed to the actual pro-ana forum, as self-harm and pro-ana are both pretty harmful.
Have a lot of people trolled it or something?
government
moss skeleton

21,040 posts 43 threads Joined: Jul Fri 2018
12-02-2018, 04:42 PM -
it's more personal & there's a pics thread, just like mpa
"opinions are like assholes. everybody's got one and no one cares about yours." 

chasing ghosts & causing chaos
[trying to remember how it feels to have a heartbeat]

don't talk about me. don't think about me.
iliaccrest
Rookie

12-02-2018, 04:48 PM -
(12-02-2018, 04:42 PM)government Wrote: it's more personal & there's a pics thread, just like mpa

Ah, okay. Thanks!
f l e u r
♡ Glitter Troll ♡

51 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct Wed 2018
12-02-2018, 08:25 PM -
I wrote the rules for that forum.

And it was my suggestion for the count post to be 100 instead of 50.

The reasons why, is because of things that happened in the past in MPA1, on occasions where some people tried to manipulate users into further harming and not only further harming but also suggestions of suicide.

I believe that 100 is better than 50 because this allows Annea and Fluffy the time to be observing a user if he/she seems 'strange' / potentially harmful for the community.
★ 1.72cm / 5' 8"
 ★ Maintenance ★ 
★ OSFED  

government
moss skeleton

12-02-2018, 08:43 PM -
(12-02-2018, 08:25 PM)f l e u r Wrote: I wrote the rules for that forum.

The reasons why, is because of things that happened in the past in MPA1, on occasions where some people tried to manipulate users into further harming and not only further harming but also suggestions of suicide.

I believe that 100 is better than 50 because this allows Annea and Fluffy the time to be observing a user if he/she seems 'strange' / potentially harmful for the community.

what do you mean you 'wrote the rules' for it

f l e u r
♡ Glitter Troll ♡

12-02-2018, 08:49 PM -
(12-02-2018, 08:43 PM)government Wrote: what do you mean you 'wrote the rules' for it

what the sentence says.

I wrote the rules for it, and I gave them to Annea when EDC was being created.
I was moderating the SH forum of MPA for around 5-6 years, I never had a moderator title under my username because 1) i dont like titles and 2) it was helping with keeping me under the radar of potential creeps who wanted to harm people. I was moderating the SH forum in EDC as well but then I deleted my account here because reasons, and now Im back but I dont know yet how long I will stay or if I will stay. Probably I will stay tho, I ll see how it goes.
★ 1.72cm / 5' 8"
 ★ Maintenance ★ 
★ OSFED  

government
moss skeleton

12-02-2018, 08:55 PM -
(12-02-2018, 08:49 PM)f l e u r Wrote: what the sentence says.

I wrote the rules for it, and I gave them to Annea when EDC was being created.
I was moderating the SH forum of MPA for around 5-6 years, I never had a moderator title under my username because 1) i dont like titles and 2) it was helping with keeping me under the radar of potential creeps who wanted to harm people. I was moderating the SH forum in EDC as well but then I deleted my account here because reasons, and now Im back but I dont know yet how long I will stay or if I will stay. Probably I will stay tho, I ll see how it goes.

ah
makes sense
i just didn't understand w the small post count? or the joining date
thank you for explaining

f l e u r
♡ Glitter Troll ♡

12-02-2018, 09:04 PM -
(12-02-2018, 08:55 PM)government Wrote: ah
makes sense
i just didn't understand w the small post count? or the joining date
thank you for explaining

thats ok, i can understand the confusion since i only have 20 posts, lol

but things were very serious from time to time on MPA1 thats why the newer forum (EDC) needed better security / check ups, from time to time during the years you would also get people trying to lure users into blue whale type of 'games' and sad things like that. And if someone is a minor or a teenager sadly they might not understand on time that this person is not their friend but someone who wants to harm them. Annea and Fluffy (through the years) and Xiare (when Xiare was more active in MPA1 in the past) have done wonders in helping keeping people safe in the SH forum.
★ 1.72cm / 5' 8"
 ★ Maintenance ★ 
★ OSFED  

iliaccrest
Rookie

12-03-2018, 06:53 AM -
(12-02-2018, 08:25 PM)f l e u r Wrote: I wrote the rules for that forum.

...yikes.
Thanks for letting me know.
iliaccrest
Rookie

12-03-2018, 06:54 AM -
(12-02-2018, 09:04 PM)f l e u r Wrote: thats ok, i can understand the confusion since i only have 20 posts, lol

but things were very serious from time to time on MPA1 thats why the newer forum (EDC) needed better security / check ups, from time to time during the years you would also get people trying to lure users into blue whale type of 'games' and sad things like that. And if someone is a minor or a teenager sadly they might not understand on time that this person is not their friend but someone who wants to harm them. Annea and Fluffy (through the years) and Xiare (when Xiare was more active in MPA1 in the past) have done wonders in helping keeping people safe in the SH forum.

God, that's fucked up...
Nemo
Scholar

2,509 posts 33 threads Joined: Jul Mon 2018
12-04-2018, 02:29 AM -
its way more personal stuff people write there
Don't mind me

Silver
Harpy in progress

714 posts 14 threads Joined: Aug Thu 2018
12-06-2018, 01:07 PM -
@f l e u r

Thanks for sharing this information. I wasn't aware that it was/is such a big problem on MPA1, although I heard about these kind of things happening in other communities.