REG: [Digital Trust & Safety Incident: #DSA20230412-601-77256700] EDC Ban Appeal For Clients w/ Special Medical Needs

Guest Digital Safety Team

Guest Digital Safety Team

*** AATTN: @Goddess Annea.  This is a COPY of the email that my department sent on April 12, 2023 @ 13:24 PDT The relevant parties can respond by email. I have stripped information that could result in an increase of unsolicited bulk email (SPAM) such as email addresses.  If you wish to respond to this incident, please do so via this post, or provide an email where we can continue this conversation. Note that I have also taken a moment to correct spelling and grammar errors that were present in the original email message.  ***

Hi:

A case with the Digital Trust & Safety Team (DTS) has been opened regarding your website and our clients.  To ensure that all communications are properly tracked, we've assigned it DSA Case Number: DSA20230412-601-77256700.  Please keep the ticket number DSA20230412-601-77256700 in the subject line of all future emails related to this matter so that the progress of this incident can be tracked.  If you'd like to reply to this incident, please use your email client's "Reply All" feature.

This Case has been assigned the following Attributes:
Case NumberDSA20230412-601-77256700
Case Originator: "F., Carly G. (MA#9246)"
Other Involved Managed Assets: "B., Heather (MA#0918)"
Were Clients Cc'd in on This Case: YES
Involved External Site: https://eatingdisordercentral.com/ 
Assigned Digital Trust & Safety Staff: "Baragon, Natalia M. (DS#5977)"
Attached Site Usernames: "Courtney Ann G.", "Cleopatra"
Case Status: Awaiting Site Staff Response (Open)
Case Severity: Sev B (Elevated)
Case Priority: P1 (Urgent Digital Safety Response)
Case Type: Ban Appeals
====================================================================================================================================================
The Digital Safety Officer assigned to this case has the following message:
========================================================================

To Whom it May Concern:

My name is Natalia, and I am a Digital Safety Officer for Carly F. & Heather B. who were members of your website up until today when they were banned earlier today (2023.04.12) by a member of your staff named Kay.  My objective here is to appeal this ban as my clients are both kind of shocked about this whole incident.

It appears as if Kay, who is a site administrator, seems to think that my clients are not only trolling your site but are also one and the same when in actuality they need whatever community support they can receive for their conditions from your website as separate individuals.  It seems as if Kay, who is not as familiar with the situation as you (Goddess Annea) might be, has a "shoot first, ask questions later" kind of attitude.  This is evidenced by the fact that Carly reached out to you to alert you to the unique circumstances and you approved, and neither Carly or Heather had any opportunity to respond to these accusations or the ban itself.

See the below screenshot submitted by Carly when she submitted the case:

Userban.png

{Screenshot 01: Carly's handheld showing that she was banned from EDC}

It is my opinion as a digital safety officer that this is a big misunderstanding.  I would like to undo this and get my clients back on your website if at all possible.  If you're willing to work with me to facilitate that, my clients and I would be more than appreciative.

If you can work with me to resolve this issue, that would be appreciated.

==
Natalia M. Baragon
Digital Safety Officer:
Digital Trust & Safety Team:
A Division of the Office of Carly G.

~~ To Ensure Trust In The Digital World & Safety For All; We Swear to Protect & Serve ~~
AIorK4zf6ZH6WPIu-deVbI4ZH2dLn6wIMtQkjCpBjsqiHQzxSHkFQe09nhKalXYDsQXAvuSmyrajIec
[Stay In Touch]
Twitter: @HologramDTSTeam
Email: [Email Address Removed To Prevent SPAM.  Please Respond To This Post With An Email Address Or Similar Contact Method To Continue This Discussion Privately]
IMPORTANT: If you need to report a Digital Trust & Safety incident that involves safety of life, property, or the environment, you may do so 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by email or on twitter.

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted by this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. This email may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not an intended recipient of this email, do not read, copy, use, forward, rely upon the contents of, or disclose the email or any of its attachments to others. Instead, immediately notify the sender by replying to this email and then delete it from your system. The contents of this email may be protected by copyright law. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of its contents is strictly prohibited.  Please consider the environment and only print emails if absolutely necessary. Thank you.

On 4/14/2023 at 12:08 PM, Guest Digital Safety Team said:

*** AATTN: @Goddess Annea.  This is a COPY of the email that my department sent on April 12, 2023 @ 13:24 PDT The relevant parties can respond by email. I have stripped information that could result in an increase of unsolicited bulk email (SPAM) such as email addresses.  If you wish to respond to this incident, please do so via this post, or provide an email where we can continue this conversation. Note that I have also taken a moment to correct spelling and grammar errors that were present in the original email message.  ***

Hi:

A case with the Digital Trust & Safety Team (DTS) has been opened regarding your website and our clients.  To ensure that all communications are properly tracked, we've assigned it DSA Case Number: DSA20230412-601-77256700.  Please keep the ticket number DSA20230412-601-77256700 in the subject line of all future emails related to this matter so that the progress of this incident can be tracked.  If you'd like to reply to this incident, please use your email client's "Reply All" feature.

This Case has been assigned the following Attributes:
Case NumberDSA20230412-601-77256700
Case Originator: "F., Carly G. (MA#9246)"
Other Involved Managed Assets: "B., Heather (MA#0918)"
Were Clients Cc'd in on This Case: YES
Involved External Site: https://eatingdisordercentral.com/ 
Assigned Digital Trust & Safety Staff: "Baragon, Natalia M. (DS#5977)"
Attached Site Usernames: "Courtney Ann G.", "Cleopatra"
Case Status: Awaiting Site Staff Response (Open)
Case Severity: Sev B (Elevated)
Case Priority: P1 (Urgent Digital Safety Response)
Case Type: Ban Appeals
====================================================================================================================================================
The Digital Safety Officer assigned to this case has the following message:
========================================================================

To Whom it May Concern:

My name is Natalia, and I am a Digital Safety Officer for Carly F. & Heather B. who were members of your website up until today when they were banned earlier today (2023.04.12) by a member of your staff named Kay.  My objective here is to appeal this ban as my clients are both kind of shocked about this whole incident.

It appears as if Kay, who is a site administrator, seems to think that my clients are not only trolling your site but are also one and the same when in actuality they need whatever community support they can receive for their conditions from your website as separate individuals.  It seems as if Kay, who is not as familiar with the situation as you (Goddess Annea) might be, has a "shoot first, ask questions later" kind of attitude.  This is evidenced by the fact that Carly reached out to you to alert you to the unique circumstances and you approved, and neither Carly or Heather had any opportunity to respond to these accusations or the ban itself.

See the below screenshot submitted by Carly when she submitted the case:

Userban.png

{Screenshot 01: Carly's handheld showing that she was banned from EDC}

It is my opinion as a digital safety officer that this is a big misunderstanding.  I would like to undo this and get my clients back on your website if at all possible.  If you're willing to work with me to facilitate that, my clients and I would be more than appreciative.

If you can work with me to resolve this issue, that would be appreciated.

==
Natalia M. Baragon
Digital Safety Officer:
Digital Trust & Safety Team:
A Division of the Office of Carly G.

~~ To Ensure Trust In The Digital World & Safety For All; We Swear to Protect & Serve ~~
AIorK4zf6ZH6WPIu-deVbI4ZH2dLn6wIMtQkjCpBjsqiHQzxSHkFQe09nhKalXYDsQXAvuSmyrajIec
[Stay In Touch]
Twitter: @HologramDTSTeam
Email: [Email Address Removed To Prevent SPAM.  Please Respond To This Post With An Email Address Or Similar Contact Method To Continue This Discussion Privately]
IMPORTANT: If you need to report a Digital Trust & Safety incident that involves safety of life, property, or the environment, you may do so 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by email or on twitter.

DISCLAIMER: The information transmitted by this email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed. This email may contain proprietary, business-confidential and/or privileged material. If you are not an intended recipient of this email, do not read, copy, use, forward, rely upon the contents of, or disclose the email or any of its attachments to others. Instead, immediately notify the sender by replying to this email and then delete it from your system. The contents of this email may be protected by copyright law. Any unauthorized use or disclosure of its contents is strictly prohibited.  Please consider the environment and only print emails if absolutely necessary. Thank you.

Natalia,

I am going to respond here to your inquiry and I'm going to treat it as if you are legit and part of an actual Digital Trust & Safety Team for Carly and Heather. 

Please be advised that Kay and I discussed the ban at length before it took place and I am the one who asked Kay to ban both accounts. Accordingly, both bans stand and will not be overturned. Neither Carly nor Heather are welcome back here. We do not ban on a whim, so if we ban an account it is for the safety and benefit of the EDC community. 

Carly's needs are such that EDC is not a good fit for her and her presence on EDC was disruptive to the community. EDC staff and members of the community had concerns about Carly and the details of her backstory that we were provided - and no, it didn't make sense and some of it is certainly bullshit.

Additionally, it is difficult to believe DTS is legit as it is notable that it is the very message above from the Digital Trust & Safety Team that provided us additional info on Carly so that we could find Carly across social media (not to mention the logo of DTS is a piss poor fake logo which further lends suspicion to everything Carly told us). That rabbit hole allowed us to confirm Carly is a severely troubled individual who thinks it is appropriate to stalk minor children and admits to being obsessed with a minor child with severe disabilities. EDC does not take kindly to pedophiles or predators and the decision has been made to escalate our findings to the proper authorities.

In closing, the DTS has failed Carly at such an epic level this is all laughable and therefore not believable. If a digital safety team exists, you would do well to keep Carly off the internet completely and get her treatment for her severe mental illnesses. Literally everything that Carly says is a red flag and likely untrue. However, EDC's main priority is keeping the community safe and predators away and that is why Carly and Heather were banned and are no longer welcome here or in any other ED space I admin. That is a fucking promise. 

I trust you will understand our position and consider this issue resolved. All rights reserved. 

Cheers to a great week!

Annea

• McLovin' It 1